Customer Service ApprenticeshipThe customer service apprenticeship practitioner is to deliver high-quality products and services to the customers of their organisation.
Your core responsibility will be to provide a high-quality service to customers which will be delivered from the workplace, digitally, or through going out into the customer’s own locality.
Customer Service Practitioners need to demonstrate excellent customer service skills and behaviours as well as strong product and/or service knowledge.
Duration: The apprenticeship will take 14 months to complete.
Entry Requirements: The apprentice will be required to have achieved either a GCSE at grade 3/D and above in English and maths, or the Functional skills Level 1 English.
Knowing your customers
- Understand who customers are.
- Understand the difference between internal and external customers.
- Understand the different needs and priorities of your customers and the best way to manage their expectations, recognising and knowing how to adapt style to be highly effective.
Understanding the organisation
- Know the purpose of the business and what ‘brand promise’ means.
- Know your organisation’s core values and how they link to the service culture.
- Know the internal policies and procedures, including any complaints processes and digital media policies that are relevant to you and your organisation.
Meeting regulations and legislation
- Know the appropriate legislation and regulatory requirements that affect your business.
Know your responsibility in relation to this and how to apply it when delivering service.
Systems and resources
- Know how to use systems, equipment and technology to meet the needs of your customers.
- Understand types of measurement and evaluation tools available to monitor customer service levels.
Your role and responsibility
- Understand your role and responsibility within your organisation and the impact of your actions on others.
Know the targets and goals you need to deliver against.
- Understand how establishing the facts enable you to create a customer focused experience and appropriate response.
Understand how to build trust with a customer and why this is important.
Product and service knowledge
- Understand the products or services that are available from your organisation and keep up-to-date.
Workshops are mandatory and will be delivered either virtually or face to face in our academy, dependant on the needs and access arrangements for the Learner.
Where access and facility is limited, alternative arrangements will be made for the Learner.
Legislation and Regulations
Effective Communication Skills
Know Your Customer
Product & Service Knowledge
Developing Self & Being Open to Feedback
Personal Organisation & Team Working
Evaluation and Measurement Tools
Dealing with Customer Conflict & Challenge
Customer Service Apprenticeship Assessment Plan
You will need to demonstrate your skills and knowledge, your assessment plans will be split into 2 stages:
Month 6 – Checkpoint 1
- Month 9 – Checkpoint 2
End Point Assessment
Apprentices access End Point Assessment following a gateway discussion with their employer, tutor and Site Assessor where entry requirements are discussed, checked and recorded including functional skills at the required level. The End Point Assessment will include the following types of assessment: