Customer ServiceThe role of a customer service practitioner is to deliver high-quality products and services to the customers of their organisation.
Your core responsibility will be to provide a high-quality service to customers which will be delivered from the workplace, digitally, or through going out into the customer’s own locality.
Duration: The apprenticeship will take 16 months to complete.
Entry Requirements: Apprentice will be required to have or achieve Level 1 English and Maths to have taken level 2 English and Maths tests prior to completion of their Apprenticeship.
Knowing your customers
- Understand who customers are.
- Understand the difference between internal and external customers.
- Understand the different needs and priorities of your customers and the best way to manage their expectations, recognising and knowing how to adapt style to be highly effective.
Understanding the organisation
- Know the purpose of the business and what ‘brand promise’ means.
- Know your organisation’s core values and how they link to the service culture.
- Know the internal policies and procedures, including any complaints processes and digital media policies that are relevant to you and your organisation.
Meeting regulations and legislation
- Know the appropriate legislation and regulatory requirements that affect your business.
Know your responsibility in relation to this and how to apply it when delivering service.
Systems and resources
- Know how to use systems, equipment and technology to meet the needs of your customers.
- Understand types of measurement and evaluation tools available to monitor customer service levels.
Your role and responsibility
- Understand your role and responsibility within your organisation and the impact of your actions on others.
Know the targets and goals you need to deliver against.
- Understand how establishing the facts enable you to create a customer focused experience and appropriate response.
Understand how to build trust with a customer and why this is important.
Product and service knowledge
- Understand the products or services that are available from your organisation and keep up-to-date.
Workshops are mandatory and are held at our training facilities on the City Centre. Workshops are bi weekly and can take 6-8 months to complete.
Understand Your Organisation
Laws & Regulations
Effective Communication Skills
Understand Your Customers 1
EPA Preparation & Assessment
Understand Your Customers 2
Sales & Marketing
Social Media & Digital Marketing
Evaluation & Measurement Tools
Problem Solving & Conflict Resolution
Presentation Design & Delivery
You will need to demonstrate your skills and knowledge, your assessment plans will be split into 4 stages:
Month 3 – Checkpoint 1
- Month 6 – Checkpoint 2
- Month 9 – Checkpoint 3
- Month 12 – Checkpoint 4
End Point Assessment
Apprentices access End Point Assessment following a gateway
discussion with their employer, tutor and Site Assessor where
entry requirements are discussed, checked and recorded
including functional skills at the required level.
The End Point Assessment will include the following types of