Anxiety is best overcome by confronting fears rather than by avoiding them.
- Practice daily relaxation methods to reduce physical symptoms.
- Reduce or avoid caffeine intake to 300mg or less daily. Engage in regular exercise (at least 30 mins a day)
- Engage in leisure time and fun activities
- Get adequate sleep
- Practice controlled breathing
- Identify and challenge existing worries and pessimistic thoughts
- Talk about your anxiety to a trusted person.
Managing anxious feelings
Lets talk about anxiety
getting to know your anxiety – activity
basic distraction activity
video on breathing techniques
Pause for telephone support