Hire An ApprenticeWHY TAKE ON AN APPRENTICE?
Hire an apprentice
Hiring an apprentice is an increasingly attractive option for employers as it is a great opportunity for moulding and developing fresh talent to meet your exact business needs. It is a cost effective way of filling a skills gap due to lower salaries, Government funding and grants available.
- You must have Employer Liability Insurance
- Ensure a minimum of 20% of the Apprentices working week is spent learning, shadowing & working towards their qualification
- Courses vary from 12 – 24 months
- Apprentices gain nationally recognised qualifications
- Apprentices are required to attend training sessions (frequency & delivery varies depending on courses)
- Workplace visits from tutors/assessors
- Apprenticeships are 100% Government funded for anyone aged 16-18
- 95% funding available for anyone aged 19+
Paying your apprentice
You’re responsible for paying your apprentice for their normal working hours and any training they do as part of the apprenticeship.
You must pay them at least the National Minimum Wage rate depending on their age and the year of apprenticeship training they’re in.
The rates from April 2020 are:
|Apprentice||Under 19||19 to 20||21 to 24||25 and over|
|In 1st year||£4.15||£4.15||£4.15||£4.15|
|Have completed 1st year||£4.15||£6.45||£8.20||£8.72|